Re: Frech keyboard with xfree
- To: Alain Perry <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Frech keyboard with xfree
- From: Sven Luther <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 21:52:12 +0200
- Message-id: <20041027195212.GD5989@pegasos>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20041025173809.GA4693@deep> <20041025213015.GC30301@pegasos> <1098747605.6719.52.camel@gaston> <20041026081253.GB26940@pegasos> <1098777738.6917.29.camel@gaston> <20041026083915.GA27778@pegasos> <email@example.com>
On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 11:47:32AM +0200, Alain Perry wrote:
> Le mardi 26 octobre 2004 à 10:39 +0200, Sven Luther a écrit :
> > Well, there is this fr_new keymap floating around, which works some, but has
> > two remaining problems :
> I'm using this keymap right now under Ubuntu (and usually under Debian).
> > 1) it refuses to get loaded all by itself when selecting it in the
> > XF86Config file, you have to xkbset (or whatever it is) it to get it
> > working.
> I didn't have to do anything like that to get it working. I just put it
> with the other keymaps and modified my XF86Config-4 file.
I am suspecting that this is a gonme 2.6 feature, or maybe something else
> > 2) metacity has trouble with the alt+tab thingy, i works with the fr one and
> > alt, but not with fr_new and the apple key.
> I have no such problem either. I can use alt+tab seamlessly to cycle
> through the windows.
What version of metacity/gnome are you using ?
> > Need time to investigate this, and fix it in a correct manner. The X
> > maintainers have not been helpfull on this though, so we are mostly alone on
> > this.
> If I can help you investigate the reasons for these differences, please
> do not hesitate.
The main thing seems to be that the fr_new one doesn't integrate as well as
the fr one with the other layers of xkb definition.