Re: Frech keyboard with xfree
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Frech keyboard with xfree
- From: Alain Perry <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:47:32 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20041026083915.GA27778@pegasos>
- References: <20041025173809.GA4693@deep> <20041025213015.GC30301@pegasos> <1098747605.6719.52.camel@gaston> <20041026081253.GB26940@pegasos> <1098777738.6917.29.camel@gaston> <20041026083915.GA27778@pegasos>
Le mardi 26 octobre 2004 à 10:39 +0200, Sven Luther a écrit :
> Well, there is this fr_new keymap floating around, which works some, but has
> two remaining problems :
I'm using this keymap right now under Ubuntu (and usually under Debian).
> 1) it refuses to get loaded all by itself when selecting it in the
> XF86Config file, you have to xkbset (or whatever it is) it to get it
I didn't have to do anything like that to get it working. I just put it
with the other keymaps and modified my XF86Config-4 file.
> 2) metacity has trouble with the alt+tab thingy, i works with the fr one and
> alt, but not with fr_new and the apple key.
I have no such problem either. I can use alt+tab seamlessly to cycle
through the windows.
> Need time to investigate this, and fix it in a correct manner. The X
> maintainers have not been helpfull on this though, so we are mostly alone on
If I can help you investigate the reasons for these differences, please
do not hesitate.