Re: quik and initrd and kernel-image-2.6.7-powerpc

Rick Thomas writes:

> the 2.6.7 kernel works just fine on my beige G3 minitower, unless
> you're trying to use the onboard SCSI.  Currently, the "mesh" SCSI
> controller driver module is not available for the 2.6.7 kernel on
> the powerpc CD-ROMs.

That driver is installed as part of kernel-image-2.6.7-powerpc, in the
file /lib/modules/2.6.7-powerpc/kernel/drivers/scsi/mesh.ko .
Unfortunately, neither hotplug nor discover finds it automatically, so
you will have to configure it - run 'modprobe mesh' and see what
happens, and when you're satisfied with the result put mesh into

Regards, Jens.

J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!