Re: quik and initrd and kernel-image-2.6.7-powerpc

Rick_Thomas wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 14:54, Christian Leimer wrote:
>
>> Anyone out there with an oldworld had luck with the
>> kernel-image-2.6.7-powerpc froms sarge?
>

> I don't use quik, so this may not be relevant to your situation, but I
> find that with BootX, the 2.6.7 kernel works just fine on my beige G3
> minitower, unless you're trying to use the onboard SCSI.  Currently, the
> "mesh" SCSI controller driver module is not available for the 2.6.7
> kernel on the powerpc CD-ROMs.
>
> Kernel 2.4.25 works great though. Will that work for you?
>
> Rick

The 2.4.25 kernel works with the standard mesh scsi but not with my adaptec
card to boot from. So I thought I would go with the 2.6.7 + initrd.
 I can use BootX but a Linux only system is better ;-). And since the new
debian installer chooses 2.6 as default it should work with oldworld.

Tahnks chris.