Re: Installation package - PowerPC sarge d-i tcl1 and upgrade to 2.6.7 smp kernel

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 05:10:33PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (15/07/04 18:00), Sven Luther wrote:
> >From /etc/kernel-img.conf:
> # Kernel Image management overrides
> # See kernel-img.cnf(5) for details
> do_symlinks = Yes

In 'man kernel-img.conf' you can read :

       link_in_boot
              Set to Yes if you want the symbolic link to  the  kernel image,
              namely,  vmlinuz  in  /boot rather than the default /.  The old,
              and very confusing, name image_in_boot is deprecated, since  it
              is  the symbolic link that is usually being relocated.  Defaults
              to No.

so i suppose that you should set link_in_boot=Yes on your production
system.

> > > Ah! I don't have discover on my production system which is probably why
> > > they loaded out of sequence.  I don't use firewire, so presumably I
> > > could remove this module?
> >
> > Well, you just need to blacklist it in /etc/hotplug/blacklist.
> Hmm...OK, I won't ask how ;)  I'll just nip off to google and have a
> look ;)

Get the name of the module, and add it to the /etc/hotplug/blacklist
file. It is a trivial thing to do, which is why i didn't explain more.

Friendly,

Sven Luther