Re: iBookG4 pseudo-sleep / 2.6.3 problems

I saw this too on my new powerbook and I am sure I had selected to just
blank the screen as "sleep action". I would close the lid and the
powerbook would shut off the illumination as configured. If I opened the
lid after a few minutes everything was OK, but if the lid stayed closed
for a longer period the laptop shut down power completely (when running
on battery). I would then reboot the machine and, of course, get all the
messages about the filesystem not being clean.
There must be an additional event on these recent powerbooks that is not
catched by the kernel (2.6.7-bk9) and which occurs some time after the
lid has been closed. I ran a 'tail -f /var/log/messages' from my desktop
via ssh to the powerbook but there wasn't anything in the log when the
laptop powered off. Actually that was one of the reasons why I asked for
suspend-to-disk support because now I can close the lid and suspend
before the laptop powers off all by itself.

Regards,
Reiner