Re: Questions about the new installer

Sven Luther wrote:
I hear XFS is better in the fact that it asks for less disk accesses
when idle, which is better for laptops. ext3 is fine though. Reiserfs i
would not recomend on powerpc, but maybe past woes are solved now.

My Powerbook G3 runs quite nicely with JFS. I wouldn't recomment ReiserFS to anybody - mostly because I've known too many people who've used it (not specifically on PPC, just in general) and had entire filesystems eaten because of it. It frankly amazes me when people recommend it, so I try to warn off anyone who asks about it. :)

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net