Re: iBookG4 pseudo-sleep / 2.6.3 problems

Am Dienstag, 13. Juli 2004 18:43 schrieb Sam George:
> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:57:44 +0200
> > > Does anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution?
> >
> > Yes, I had that once too. Shortly closing the lid does no harm, but
> > a few minutes shut it down. Recent iBook G4 (1 Mhz), Bens 2.4.25,
> > PowerBook6,5. I have not experimented further on this. And yes, this
> > was on battery.
> >
> > Greetings
> >
> >          Helge
>
> This problem also exists with 2.4.25-powerpc on a pismo.  It maybe
> something to do with pbbuttonsd and seems to only happen when you set
> coversleep=no .  So the work around I use sounds like it won't work
> for you.  It used to work for me to leave coversleep=no but something

I think this behaviour is not a bug. There are multiply events that overlap
here.

First you configure coversleep=no so you could close the lid and the machine
continues to work. so far so good.

What have you set at onXX_sleep? If nobody work with the machine (no mouse or
keyboard events, low CPU load, low network load) the machine follow
onXX_sleep after onXX_Tsleep time out. If you want no sleep at all set
onXX_Tsleep=0.

For more information see man-page pbbuttonsd.conf.

 Best Regards
   Matthias