Re: Booting installer on RS/6000 43p-140

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 10:56:23AM +0100, Leigh Brown wrote:
> Sven Luther said:
> > On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 11:28:46AM +0900, Jerome Walter wrote:
> >> Mmmh, i did try netboot. But kernel gets stuck to "Now booting kernel
> >> too..."
> >
> > Well, but it makes debugging easier and quicker.
> >
> > Could you please try netbooting
> >
> >   http://people.debian.org/~luther/debian-installer/daily-powerpc-built/2004-07-13/powerpc/netboot/2.6/vmlinuz-prep.initrd
> >
> > With the console=ttyS0 option or whatever, and send me the serial log ?
>
> Hi Sven.  I thought I'd give that kernel a try.  I don't netboot, put I
> wrote that kernel to my second harddisk and booted from it.  In summary,
> it boots, but it doesn't seem to include the pcnet32 driver.  Since every
> single RS6000 "offical" ethernet card that I've ever seen uses pcnet32,
> I'd say its important to include it in the initrd.

Ok, mmm, you mean the pcnet32 driver is not in the debian-installer net
drivers ?

It is in the nic-extra-modules, which is not part of the initrd, we will
fix this, either move it to nic-modules or add the nic-extra-modules to
the initrd.

Thanks for testing. Could you try again tomorrow or later ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther