Re: Booting installer on RS/6000 43p-140

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 11:28:46AM +0900, Jerome Walter wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> >On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 05:40:38PM +0900, Jerome Walter wrote:
> [snip]

> [snip]

> >>Kernel was netboot'ed as cdrom does not load.
> >

> >Ok, why you don't use the netboot d-i then ?
>
> Mmmh, i did try netboot. But kernel gets stuck to "Now booting kernel
> too..."

Well, but it makes debugging easier and quicker.

Could you please try netbooting

  http://people.debian.org/~luther/debian-installer/daily-powerpc-built/2004-07-13/powerpc/netboot/2.6/vmlinuz-prep.initrd

With the console=ttyS0 option or whatever, and send me the serial log ?

> Helge, did you have had more success than me on your RS/6000 ? If i
> succeed in installing Debian on this machine, i will have another PPC
> (don't know what's inside) to install, more RS/6000-like, so all the
> feedbacks are welcome.

Mmm, a more recent one, maybe of the chrp kind. This will maybe be
easier.

Friendly,

Sven Luther