Re: It's ALIVE!!!!

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 01:03:35AM -0500, Satadru Pramanik wrote:
> I've put the .config up for that kernel up at
> http://pramanikconsulting.com/debianppc/kernel.config - if it helps.

OK. I'll try to comment on a few things.

Things you may want to disable:
CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD (standard PC style keyboard, can lock up some Macs)
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2 (similar story. PC stuff only, pokes hard coded ports)

Things you definitely need to enable:
CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD (This is needed to talk to USB 1.1 devices, like mice)

Modules you should load:
	hid
	ohci-hcd (if you decide to compile it as a module)

> >how to find out all that I have loaded. I'm still newb, but advancing
> >slowly.

Try using /sbin/lsmod, or look at the contents of /proc/modules.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com