Re: what distribution?

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 08:19:14PM -0200, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra wrote:
> Em Qui, 2004-01-22 às 19:53, Martin Kuball escreveu:
> > Should I go all the way to unstable or ist
> > testing a good compromise between stability and new features?
>
> 	unstable is risky as in may break your system, but testing is risky as
> in it may take two weeks for a security fix to reach you.

I have been using unstable for over 5 years now. Using dselect I feel
having enough control to handle it and when something is really breaking
(last REALLY bad breakage was Perl in 2000, or PAM), you'll know it by
tracking Debian planet or something. I use it one desktops only,
especially my Powerbook of course, to be up to date with the software.

But, I guess, it depends a bit on how much you are in touch with the Debian
community or you have a lot of friends running unstable to make it work.

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | JID:   paul@luon.net
University of Technology, The Netherlands   | email: paulvt@debian.org