Re: bitkeeper trees: where is the debian linux bk for powerpc?

Hi All,

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 15:59, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wolfgang Pfeiffer writes:
>
> > The mvista one seems out of sync again.  I have rsynced today and
> > got -ben1 where the BitKeeper tree is -ben4.
>
> Both the rsync.theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de and the
> source.mvista.com mirrors are up to date, at 2.6.1-rc1-ben1.  The
> cause for this confusion is probably a Changeset that first (in
> revision 1.404) bumps the EXTRAVERSION from -ben3 to -ben4, then (in
> revision 1.405) corrects this to -rc1-ben1.
>
> > But is there a powerpc debian-tool for bk?
>
> bk is not free and not redistributable, so there is no Debian package.
>
> And you don't need bk to verify the above anyway, a webbrowser is
> sufficient to compare a few files from the bk tree to what you got
> from the rsync mirrors.

Thanks for the hint regarding the webbrowser: Took me some time to
figure out how this works, but thanks to  Vincent Bernat's message in
this thread I finally found 2 pages possibly being helpful for others,
too:

Repository for all kinds of ppc-kernels, if I'm not mistaken:
<http://ppc.bkbits.net/>

And here - as I hope - is the latest benh-kernel, available for a
browser (together with some BitKeeper folder on top, which I'm not sure
about whether it's part of the files Benjamin Herrenschmidt is
maintaning .. ):
<http://ppc.bkbits.net:8080/linuxppc-2.5-benh/src?nav=index.html>

And here is something regarding bk for Debian: it seems it's for x86;
and I'm not sure whether the sources will work on ppc, or whether this
package is useful at all.
<http://perso.ens-lyon.fr/vincent.danjean/deb.html#bk-installer>:
Excerpt:
bk-installer  Description: BitKeeper (installer)

BitKeeper is a scalable configuration management system.
BitMover does not allow redistribution of their software. Therefore,
this package requires the user to fetch the BitKeeper archive separately
from their web site. When you install this package you will be guided
through that process.
This package installs the file from the www.bitkeeper.com website (look
for the Download link).

Package for i386: bk-installer_3.0.2-4_i386.deb (4 kb)
Source package: bk-installer_3.0.2-4.dsc (293b)
bk-installer_3.0.2-4.tar.gz (5 kb)

HTH, and thanks to everyone in this thread for your time and knowledge.

Best Regards,
Wolfgang

[ ... ]
--