Re: external vga + ibook2 [OpenFirmware command?]

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 04:28:13PM +0100, Santiago Fernandez wrote:
> > > By the way, is TV output supported  in new iBooks (the one with the M7
> > > chip)?
> >
> > AFAIK no. There is a atitvout program but it relies on a BIOS call which
> > is of course x86 specific.
>
> It's a pity. I love watching DivX movies on TV.

Note that there is a plugin for quicktime that allows you to play DivX.
But :
   you can't play it fullscreen (If I understand correctly you have to
play QuickTime Pro to be able to do that)
   you have to process the file to workaround a QuickTime bug.
   you are not using a Free OS

Christophe

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-- Albert Einstein