Re: external vga + ibook2 [OpenFirmware command?]

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 15:53, christophe barbe wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 09:53:32AM +0100, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> > > I can deactivate my lcd display with m3mirror, but
> > > I can't activate the crt.
> >
> > The CRT needs to be activated by OpenFirmware. Start your ibook with
> > the lids closed.
>
> Looks like something that could be useful for the M7 chip (where
> m3mirror is not working). But unfortunately on the Tibook3 the power
> button is next to the keyboard only accessible when the lid is open.
> Is there an OpenFirmware command to enable the crt (and disable the lcd)?
>
> That would allow TiBook3 owners to do presentation under Linux (next
> week I will boot MacOS-X to do a presentation (What's a shame).

You need to have it plugged during boot so OF can detect the display.
Also you may want to try my devel rsync (I'll have that patch in my
"stable" rsync too when I release 2.4.20-ben2). In this version, I
actually ask OF to "open" all displays, not only the main one. This has
the effect of actually initializing it on some cards.

Ben.