I currently have a stable booting (via yaboot in the bootsector)
2.4.21benh kernel and a 2.6.0-test11-benh kernel (built from rsync
today).

I compiled up XFree86 4.3.1 from the stable tarballs at xfree86.org
without many problems but from what I've read in other posts, it sounds
like this will only work with a 2.6 kernel. Is that correct? Anyway.
2.6.0-test11 is booting up ok now but the framebuffer is a little odd. I
can't quite describe the problem but it involves what I can only
describe as black scanlines appearing and making the framebuffer
flicker. 2.4.21benh has no such issues.

I was just wondering if anyone else was using the same setup out there
and how far they had gotten. I intend to document what I have for the
benefit of others. So if anyone has XFree86Configs or kernel .configs
etc that they think may be of use (specifically for the 17inch powerbook
with superdrive, ATA 100, ATI Radeon 9600 (I think) etc.

best of luck. And thanks to all those in active PPC development, keep up
the excelent work.

Diolch

--
Dan Field <danf@nuclear-dawn.com>