Alsa problems with 2.6.0

Hi all,

I'm using Linux 2.6.0-ben1 but have problems with alsa. I did what I
read on this list, i.e. put a file in /etc/modprobe.d to load the
modules in the correct order, and so on. I've configured alsa-base the
right way, I think. Here are my problems.

When I plug headphones, the sound's muted, and I have to change the
Master sound level to bring it back. Known problem so far. But if I do
this, then the speakers are turned back on.

Secondly, with this kernel and alsa, the sound's way too powerful if I
set the volume to the max. It wasn't this loud when I used 2.4 kernel or
OS X. I'm afraid I might break my speakers because of this :(

Finally, rhythmbox takes forever to start playing a song with alsa.
Never had this problem with OSS-based 2.4.

BTW, I'm not using any sound server.

Could these issues be solved ? Should I patch the kernel"s alsa with a
newer one, and if so, how ? Should I just wait and stick with the
previous stable kernel ? Thanks for your help.

Cheers.
--
Lucas Moulin <lucas@lautre.net>