Re: iBook (G3) with 2.6 howto

OoO En cette fin de matinée radieuse du lundi 15 décembre 2003, vers
11:48, Lucas Moulin <lucas@lautre.net> disait:

>> There is no "alsa server" and the OSS emulation needs the classic ALSA
>> modules. Just tell your application to use OSS, they will use the OSS
>> emulation of ALSA.

> What's the package alsa-base then ? Shoud I use it or not ?

Yes, use it. It contains a script that will correctly load ALSA (and
can be used to shut it down before sleep for example). It alsa
contains informations for the module loader. However, there is no
binaries in it.
--
10.0 times 0.1 is hardly ever 1.0.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)