Re: iBook (G3) with 2.6 howto

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 08:11:52PM +0100, Lucas Moulin wrote:
> Le lun 15/12/2003 ?? 20:01, Joe Malik a ??crit :
>
> > I'm using the oss-emulation of alsa as native alsa (with mplayer) doesn't
> > work here either; you might wanna give it a shot.
>
> Do you start the alsa server as well, or do you just use the alsa (oss
> enabled) modules ?

just the modules:

$ lsmod|grep snd
snd_pcm_oss            69220  1
snd_mixer_oss          22368  2 snd_pcm_oss
snd_powermac           42832  2
snd_pcm               121112  2 snd_pcm_oss,snd_powermac
snd_page_alloc         13924  1 snd_pcm
snd_timer              28292  1 snd_pcm
snd                    60344  5 snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,
snd_powermac,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore              10528  3 snd
i2c_core               29320  2 snd_powermac,i2c_keywest

> > mute speaker issue: when you plug in the headphones the speakers are
> > muted, to adjust the volume use alsamixer and not pbbuttonsd as this
> > reactivates the speakers (assuming the speakers initially get muted).
>
> Actually, it's really weird : I plug the headphones, and both (speakers
> and HP) are set to a very low (and wrong) volume, and the right volume
> comes back when I change the level using alsamixer or the gnome
> sound-applet...
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Lucas Moulin <lucas@lautre.net>