Re: XFree86 on Albook 15"? (Modified by Ryan Verner)

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:41:06 +0100, Ralf Angeli wrote
> As I said before I am in course of deciding wether to buy an AlBook
> or not.  It would be nice if you could say something about what is
> working and what is not to help me with this decision. (c;  The
> following would be especially interesting:
>
> * USB (e.g. for external mouse and keyboard)

Works perfectly.

> * Ethernet

Ditto.

> * Modem

No idea; haven't had to use this yet, and don't forsee myself needing to.

> * WLAN (I suppose this isn't working because of the proprietary stuff
>   by Broadcom in Airport Extreme; maybe there is a possibility to use
>   an alternative Mini-PCI card?)

Unfortunately not, the card is indeed unsupported.  I'll probably be using my
Orinoco card though, which should work no problems (it's PCMCIA).