Re: XFree86 on Albook 15"? (Modified by Ryan Verner)

On 13/12/2003, at 11:21 PM, Ralf Angeli wrote:

that has been posted to gmane.linux.debian.ports.powerpc as well.

* Ryan Verner (2003-12-13) writes:

I've just done a 2.6.0-test11 compile (from the rsync tree you gave me), and still no luck :-( Exactly the same issues as before, even with your
XF86Config - the ati (or radeon) driver simply does *not* see a valid
video card in the system.

[Note: I don't own an AlBook but I am currently considering to buy one
 so I am following this discussion quite curiously. (c;]

AFAIKS from the archives of this mailing list it is necessary to have
a CVS version of XFree86 installed as support for the Radeon 9600 was
added not so long ago.

Hmm, this makes things especially ugly if this is the case. Haven't the 9600's been around for ages, though - it seems odd that they're only now just recently supported.

I'm using xserver-xfree86/experimental; evidently, this isn't the CVS version required though. Building my own xserver packages is a pain I'd prefer to avoid, but it seems my only option at the moment. Any idea if anybody plans to do this?

Thanks.