Re: XFree86 on Albook 15"? (Modified by Ryan Verner)

* Ryan Verner (2003-12-15) writes:

> On 13/12/2003, at 11:55 PM, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>> Via Google I found a post to the Debian X mailing list where somebody
>> offers XFree86 debs (PowerPC) for downloading.[2]  Apparently these
>> are from September 2003 but that should do it.
>
> <snip>
>
>> [2]  <URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2003/debian-x-200311/
>> msg00399.html>
>
> These worked first time; cheers!

Nice to hear. (c:

As I said before I am in course of deciding wether to buy an AlBook or
not.  It would be nice if you could say something about what is
working and what is not to help me with this decision. (c;  The
following would be especially interesting:

* USB (e.g. for external mouse and keyboard)
* Ethernet
* Modem
* WLAN (I suppose this isn't working because of the proprietary stuff
  by Broadcom in Airport Extreme; maybe there is a possibility to use
  an alternative Mini-PCI card?)

TIA,
Ralf