Re: XFree86 on Albook 15"? (Modified by Ryan Verner)

* Ryan Verner (2003-12-13) writes:

> On 13/12/2003, at 11:21 PM, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>
>> AFAIKS from the archives of this mailing list it is necessary to have
>> a CVS version of XFree86 installed as support for the Radeon 9600 was
>> added not so long ago.
>
> Hmm, this makes things especially ugly if this is the case.  Haven't
> the 9600's been around for ages, though - it seems odd that they're
> only now just recently supported.

XFree86 was released in February 2003.  According to the change log [1]
support for the 9600 (RV350) was added in July.  I don't know how long
the graphic cards have been available though.

> I'm using xserver-xfree86/experimental; evidently, this isn't the CVS
> version required though.  Building my own xserver packages is a pain
> I'd prefer to avoid, but it seems my only option at the moment.  Any
> idea if anybody plans to do this?

Via Google I found a post to the Debian X mailing list where somebody
offers XFree86 debs (PowerPC) for downloading.[2]  Apparently these
are from September 2003 but that should do it.

Good luck,
Ralf

Footnotes:

[1] <URL:http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati/radeon_driver.c>