Re: 2.6.0-test11 and radeon loading

Le sam 13/12/2003 à 16:15, Michel Dänzer a écrit :

> BTW, you don't really need to build the DRM from drm-trunk-module-src,
> the one that comes with the 2.6 kernel is pretty up to date.

Allright, I've recompiled a kernel with the included drm, which saves me
one step :)

> > But I've loaded agpgart before radeon...
>
> You need uninorth-agp now.

I knew that, but I didn't think I should load it myself, since agpgart
and radeon weren't complaining :)

> Yes, module-init-tools even uses different config files; I have
>
> install radeon  /sbin/modprobe uninorth-agp; /sbin/modprobe
> --ignore-install radeon

OK, thanks for the tip. BTW, you forgot a space between modprobe and
--ignore-install :)

One more question about 2.6 : should I keep /proc/cpufreq compatibility
or do pmud and pbbuttons work fine without it ?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work and help. I'm now happily running a
2.6 kernel :)

Regards.

--
Lucas Moulin <lucas@lautre.net>