Re: 2.6.0-test11 and radeon loading

On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 16:03, Lucas Moulin wrote:

> I successfully compiled my 2.6 kernel without a problem, and everything
> (sound, sleep, usb) works fine. The only thing that won't work is drm.
> I've compiled a debian package of it,

BTW, you don't really need to build the DRM from drm-trunk-module-src,
the one that comes with the 2.6 kernel is pretty up to date.

> installed it, modules load without saying anything, but I still get "direct
> rendering: No" in glxinfo.

[...]

> (WW) RADEON(0): [agp] AGP not available
> (EE) RADEON(0): [agp] AGP failed to initialize. Disabling the DRI.
> (II) RADEON(0): [agp] You may want to make sure the agpgart kernel
> module
> is loaded before the radeon kernel module.

[...]

> But I've loaded agpgart before radeon...

You need uninorth-agp now.

> I have a file in /etc/modutils called drm where I put this line :
>
> pre-install radeon modprobe agpgart
>
> Has the syntax changed ?

Yes, module-init-tools even uses different config files; I have

install radeon  /sbin/modprobe uninorth-agp; /sbin/modprobe
--ignore-install radeon

in a file in /etc/modprobe.d/ (as usual, run update-modules after adding
it).

Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer