Re: Kernel hangs during boot on PowerBook G4 17 1GHz

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 15:08, Barry Hawkins wrote:
> List,
> 	I have been trying to get a 2.4.23(pre5_benh?) kernel up and running
> on a PowerBook G4 17".  Currently I can get through the following steps
> without issue:

Is this a first rev (nVidia based) 17" albook ?

If yes, then there is a problem with the cache coherency and the L3 on
this model that I haven't had a chance to figure out. Booting with
"nol3" should help. (Actually, you may experience all sort of data
corruption without this option, OHCI crashing beeing just one trigger)

Ben.

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>