Re: KDE 3.1.3 and 3.1.4 co-existance

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 09:49, Domingo Fiesta Segura wrote:

> Do you know if is going to be like this for long? It's a pity because I
> can't do a clean first run. To have the desktop working I have to run the
> startkde, then kill the X server (Ctrl + Alt + Backsp) and then launch the
> desktop again.

I don't have the problem, either, with (AFAIK) the same package versions.
(Running Sid on an oldworld machine.)  I don't use startkde though, my
machine boots into runlevel 5 and starts kdm.  startx and kdm will start fine
from console.  Does running startx or kdm work any better on your end?

NRH

--
The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of
thinking that created them. - Albert Einstein