Re: KDE 3.1.3 and 3.1.4 co-existance

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 09:49, Domingo Fiesta Segura wrote:

> Do you know if is going to be like this for long? It's a pity because I
> can't do a clean first run. To have the desktop working I have to run the
> startkde, then kill the X server (Ctrl + Alt + Backsp) and then launch the
> desktop again.

I don't have the problem, either, with (AFAIK) the same package versions.
(Running Sid on an oldworld machine.)  I don't use startkde though, my
machine boots into runlevel 5 and starts kdm.  startx and kdm will start fine
from console.  Does running startx or kdm work any better on your end?

The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of
thinking that created them. - Albert Einstein