Re: Problems with X on my Titanium PB

Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 20:44, Johnathon Jamison wrote:

Or is it because of previous failures that the DRI thing did not work, and it will go away when the other problem is fixed?

It looks like the radeon kernel module simply can't be loaded. What
happens if you try loading it manually?

# insmod -v /usr/X11R6/lib/modules-dri-trunk/drivers/radeon_drv.o
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules-dri-trunk/drivers/radeon_drv.o: couldn't find the kernel
version the module was compiled for
Using /usr/X11R6/lib/modules-dri-trunk/drivers/radeon_drv.o
Symbol version prefix ''
#

I am not using video=ofonly in yaboot.conf, which I noticed was mentioned in archived messages.

Maybe you need a newer kernel, are you still using the one installed
with woody?

I have the one from the install (2.4.20-20.7, according to uname -r). I think I will go for a newer kernel. I wanted X working first, but I guess that is a no go.

Johnathon