Re: Problems with X on my Titanium PB

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 20:44, Johnathon Jamison wrote:

> Thus it would appear that while the driver recognizes what M9 is, it
> still does not work.

The driver is too old to handle endianness correctly for the M9; a
working radeonfb should compensate for that with Option "UseFBDev".

> The character devices /dev/fb{1-7} do exist, so something is odd.

'No such device' vs. 'No such file or directory' - error messages tend
to have a meaning here. :)

> Now, the directory /dev/dri is empty.  Should there be something in it?

No, the X server creates the nodes on the fly.

>   Or is it because of previous failures that the DRI thing did not work,
> and it will go away when the other problem is fixed?

It looks like the radeon kernel module simply can't be loaded. What
happens if you try loading it manually?

> I am not using video=ofonly in yaboot.conf, which I noticed was
> mentioned in archived messages.

Maybe you need a newer kernel, are you still using the one installed
with woody?

> Please forgive me my ignorance about getting X to work.

Nobody knows everything, but all the information you need is out there.