Re: Problems with X on my Titanium PB

Okay, in the log are the lines:

(II) RADEON: Driver for ATI Radeon chipsets: ATI Radeon QD (AGP),
	ATI Radeon QE (AGP), ATI Radeon QF (AGP), ATI Radeon QG (AGP),
	ATI Radeon VE QY (AGP), ATI Radeon VE QZ (AGP),
	ATI Radeon Mobility M7 LW (AGP), ATI Radeon Mobility M7 LX (AGP),
	ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY (AGP), ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LZ (AGP),
	ATI Radeon 8500 QL (AGP), ATI Radeon 8500 QN (AGP),
	ATI Radeon 8500 QO (AGP), ATI Radeon 8500 Ql (AGP),
	ATI Radeon 8500 BB (AGP), ATI Radeon 7500 QW (AGP),
	ATI Radeon 7500 QX (AGP), ATI Radeon 9000 Id (AGP),
	ATI Radeon 9000 Ie (AGP), ATI Radeon 9000 If (AGP),
	ATI Radeon 9000 Ig (AGP), ATI Radeon Mobility M9 Ld (AGP),
	ATI Radeon Mobility M9 Le (AGP), ATI Radeon Mobility M9 Lf (AGP),
	ATI Radeon Mobility M9 Lg (AGP), ATI Radeon 9700 ND (AGP),
	ATI Radeon 9700 NE (AGP), ATI Radeon 9700 NF (AGP),
	ATI Radeon 9700 NG (AGP)
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 00:10:0
(--) Chipset ATI Radeon Mobility M9 Lf (AGP) found

(WW) open /dev/fb1: No such device
(WW) open /dev/fb2: No such device
(WW) open /dev/fb3: No such device
(WW) open /dev/fb4: No such device
(WW) open /dev/fb5: No such device
(WW) open /dev/fb6: No such device
(WW) open /dev/fb7: No such device
(EE) RADEON(0): Failed to open framebuffer device, consult warnings and/or errors above for possible reasons
	(you may have to look at the server log to see warnings)
(WW) RADEON(0): fbdevHWInit failed, not using framebuffer device

drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
[drm] failed to load kernel module "radeon"
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] drmOpen failed
(EE) RADEON(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed.  Disabling DRI.

Thus it would appear that while the driver recognizes what M9 is, it still does not work. The character devices /dev/fb{1-7} do exist, so something is odd.

Now, the directory /dev/dri is empty. Should there be something in it? Or is it because of previous failures that the DRI thing did not work, and it will go away when the other problem is fixed?

I am not using video=ofonly in yaboot.conf, which I noticed was mentioned in archived messages.

Please forgive me my ignorance about getting X to work.

Johnathon