Re: Upgrade Mac OS X 10.2.8 stops 2.4.21-ben2
- To: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Upgrade Mac OS X 10.2.8 stops 2.4.21-ben2
- From: Wolfgang Pfeiffer <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:12:58 +0200 (CEST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <3F81423C.email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Michel D�er wrote:
> On Fre, 2003-10-10 at 23:17, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> > "Restart the computer and hold down the four keys
> > command + option + O + F. This puts you into OpenFirmware, which is a
> > kind of boot monitor. At the OpenFirmware prompt, type the following:
> > boot hd:9,yaboot
> > The digit in this command may differ for your system;
> > see above. If you don't know the number of the partition you have set
> > aside from Debian, try other numbers."
> > But this time the booting kernel (yaboot etc.) is living on the Mac OS
> > X partition itself instead of the one created for Debian.
> > Did I get this correctly?
So I'm hopefully well enough prepared for the next OS X update, or
whatever there may be ... :)
Thanks for your help, Michel.