Re: Upgrade Mac OS X 10.2.8 stops 2.4.21-ben2

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Michel D�er wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 17:14, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> >
> > My idea would be to mount the non-booting Debian partition with a
> > Debian Installer CD and then chroot into this Debian system [...]
>
> Or just download a known working (and preferably non-modular :) kernel
> (and yaboot, if necessary) to a Mac OS partition and boot the installed
> system itself using that.

.... which means (doesn't it?) proceeding similar as Branden Robinson
suggested on his page
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook/

Excerpt:
"Restart the computer and hold down the four keys
command + option + O + F. This puts you into OpenFirmware, which is a
kind of boot monitor.  At the OpenFirmware prompt, type the following:
boot hd:9,yaboot

The digit in this command may differ for your system;
see above. If you don't know the number of the partition you have set
aside from Debian, try other numbers."

But this time the booting kernel (yaboot etc.) is living on the Mac OS
X partition itself instead of the one created for Debian.

Did I get this correctly?

Thanks in anticipation,

Best Regards
Wolfgang