Re: Measuring latency on my Apple G3

Michel Dänzer escribio el 22/07/03 23:03:
Using the same window manager etc. ? 2D acceleration (in particular
'Screen to screen bit blits') is active, isn't it?

As soon as it is posible for me, I will install Mandrake 9.1 PowerPC again, compile new feelings, and get their X config and logs.

Changing the nice value for the X server doesn't make a noticeable difference in latency for me (neither raising nor lowering it). Obviously a nice value larger than 0 even makes XFree86 very uncomfortable to use. By the way, default nice value for the X server was -10, that is, higher priority than the rest of processes in the system.

Can "UseFBDev" be disabled using the "ati" driver? Do you think this would make a noticeable difference in performance?

Thanks for any feedback.

Regards, Ismael