Measuring latency on my Apple G3

Hi,

I am trying latencytest-0.42-png.tar.gz for measuring latency on my Apple G3 (Debian/Sid PowerPC). Of course I am enabling USE_GENERIC_TIMER and tuning my hard disk using hdparam before tests. But, results show a very poor performance. Indeed, any X11 stressing involves a raise of the latency and lots of dropouts.

I can't blame hardware. Apple hardware is top-class, and this same machine features under 1,5 ms of latency using CoreAudio on Mac OS X. So, whether the PowerPC kernel or X11 are not fully optimized, or the latencytest application is not reliable on non-Intel platforms.

Any ideas?

Sorry for crossposting... ;)

Regards, Ismael