Re: Enabling video card hardware acceleration

Michel Dänzer escribio el 21/07/03 03:01:
> As has been discussed here recently:

Sorry about this.

> The benh and linuxppc-2.5 trees are the only ones with an agpgart
> driver for the UniNorth chipset so far, but r128 DRI tends to be
> unstable with AGP anyway, and it works perfectly with PCI GART.
> Disable AGP in the kernel config, or just install
> kernel-image-2.4.21-powerpc, which should include the r128 DRM.

Yes, the problem is that I also needed kernel-source-2.4.21 in order to
compile ALSA, and kernel compilation fails when
kernel-patch-2.4.21-powerpc is applied! Now I have my own compiled
kernel-image-2.4.20 with r128 and DRI works.

> The DRI doesn't make much difference for that.

So, XAA is the only support for 2D acceleration in the XFree86 system?
Or once again I am messing things?

I am trying to evaluate latency for my system, and x11perf kills its performance!

Regards, Ismael