Re: updated kernel problem

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Sven Luther wrote:

> it means that the kernel-patch-2.4.20-powerpc is in truth pmac only, and
> should better be named kernel-patch-2.4.20-powerpc-pmac or something such ?
> Or am i missing something ?

I have yet to see hardware-specific kernels on PPC, but I think it would be nice
to have at least some pre-built kernels for the iMac and also the iBook models.

kernel-image-2.4.21-imac would be really nice and save users a lot of guesswork.

As for the PPC patches, I am not familiar enough with them to comment.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/