Re: dselect: Where is the kernel?

Hi,

Wolfgang Pfeiffer writes:

> ~$ uname -a
> Linux debby 2.4.18-newpmac #1 Thu Mar 14 22:44:49 EST 2002 ppc unknown

This was installed by the woody boot-floppies, I believe.

> But when I open the dselect window on the same machine, it seems I
> haven't installed any kernel.

You have no kernel *package* installed.

> Did I miss something?

No.

> Or is there a special routine to tell dselect
> which kernel is on the machine?

If you want a kernel from the package system, install the package
kernel-image-2.4.18-powerpc on woody or kernel-image-2.4.20-powerpc on
sarge and sid.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!