Re: powerbook 17" install

> For some reason I can't nfs mount an intel box to copy my backup fs to
> my new partitions.  wget fails too.  I think this is because the .tgz
> file is 3.1GB and the busybox version of wget is not so capable.  I have
> a macosx partition so I should be able to copy the file to it and
> hopefully I might be able to find a ext2/3 driver for macos so I can
> unarchive the .tgz files to my linux partition.  Any one know of such a
> driver ???

I don't know of such a driver, but you could create an HFS (not HFS+)
partition.  That is how I transfer files between Mac OS 8.1 and Debian
woody running kernel 2.4.18.  However I can't put a file >2GB on an HFS
partition.  I'm not sure if this is an HFS limitation or a Mac OS 8.1
limitation, but I thought I should mention it.  That shouldn't be a
problem though, just split the file into two parts and then reassemble
them in Linux.