Re: updated kernel problem

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 07:29:48PM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Sven Luther wrote:
>
> > it means that the kernel-patch-2.4.20-powerpc is in truth pmac only, and
> > should better be named kernel-patch-2.4.20-powerpc-pmac or something such ?
> > Or am i missing something ?
>
> I have yet to see hardware-specific kernels on PPC, but I think it would be nice
> to have at least some pre-built kernels for the iMac and also the iBook models.

I am not really all that familiar with ppc, and the usual debian politic
with regard to kernel is to build most stuff as modules that the user
can load afterward. Is this not enough for the imac/ibook case ?

Of course, it is always better for the user to roll his own kernel, so
he can configure it to his heart content, using make-kpkg and the
kernel-patch-2.4.20-powerpc package.

Friendly,

Sven Luther