Re: Undelete?

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 10:36:53AM -0400, karrottop wrote:
> I have got a bit of a problem.  I installed Debian on a G4 tower and I
> have no idea why but it looks like linux installed itself on my HFS
> partition that I have a lot of documents etc on.  Now, I do have linux
> installed correctly, and yaboot is working great etc etc but when I am
> in macosx the drive stays unmounted and if I try to mount it in linux I
> end up with what apears to be the root of debian.  I would assume that
> their  is some utility I can use to recover from this, be it a mac app
> or a linux app...any suggestions?

Well, it it was debian you installed, it didn't install itself; you
chose where to install it. If you did indeed choose a partition for
installation which previously had an HFS format and MacOS documents,
they are gone. You would have had to re-initialize the partition
before installing, converting it to ext2 or ext3 format in order to
install linux on it.

Post the output of mac-fdisk -l and point out the partitions you
are talking about.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People