Undelete?

I have got a bit of a problem.  I installed Debian on a G4 tower and I
have no idea why but it looks like linux installed itself on my HFS
partition that I have a lot of documents etc on.  Now, I do have linux
installed correctly, and yaboot is working great etc etc but when I am
in macosx the drive stays unmounted and if I try to mount it in linux I
end up with what apears to be the root of debian.  I would assume that
their  is some utility I can use to recover from this, be it a mac app
or a linux app...any suggestions?