Re: Sleep & GLX problems on iBook

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 02:43:06PM +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> What kernel is this ? (stable or devel rsync ? what version ?)

the linux-2.4-benh tree from rsync.pengiunpcc.org.  2.4.20-ben10 is
the version

> do you have additional patches on top of it ? (like Alsa)

yes, now you mention it, it is alsa that's causing this.  I unload all
those modules and it sleeps happily.  these are the alsa modules from
alsa-source 0.9.3a-1.

was i doing the right thing to get a backtrace -- point the kernel at
System.map with the sysmap parameter and then press the 't' key when i
get the crash?  is the little prompt that comes up an oops or is it
more like a machine check?

-i