Re: Petition for a Flash plugin for Linux on PPC

En réponse à Brett Carter <brett@kavi.com>:

> > Hey, the World is not as simple as the way you seems to describe it.
> > You can individualy refuse proprietary software, at home that is.
> > At work, it's quite different (yes, using free software at work is
> > possible). What if some customers only speak MS Word? Will you piss
> > them off, or will you grab OpenOffice?
>
> Neither, I'll educate them. Nobody said using free software had to be

You can always educate them, but you can neither tell how many times
it will take them for being educated nor whether they will accept
to change their tools.

> hard,
> or militant.  Text, html and PDF are all just as prolific and as easy

You cannot modify properly PDF or html. You cannot format properly
text files. Are you proposing people that are using Word to learn
Latex, just because latex tools are free. You must be very convincing
then ; I've never seen such convincing people.

> use as word, but they aren't proprietary.  I guess it comes down to the
> fact
> that personally, I only trade money for my ideals when it's a matter of
>
> survival, not convenience.

I don't care for what you do personaly. I'm talking about the corporate
world.

--
Jérôme Marant
http://marant.org