Re: powerbook 15" 1Ghz question ...

On Sam, 2003-04-19 at 02:33, Brett Carter wrote:
> > My current dri-trunk packages without Option "UseFBDev", basically. Some
> > people have posted hints here.
>
> Why does one have to remove the 'UseFBDev'?

Because neither radeonfb nor the X radeon driver support the external
output with this option, so the result is basically undefined.

> Also, isn't fbdev required for using the internal lcd screen?

Not necessarily, and even if it is for you, someone has posted here that
running first without UseFBDev and then with it makes it all work
coincidentally. :) The archives, you know...