powerbook 15" 1Ghz question ...
- To: debian-powerpc <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: powerbook 15" 1Ghz question ...
- From: Michael Flaig <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:16:19 +0200
- Message-id: <20030416141619.GB6532@saratoga.starfleet>
I thought about buying the Powerbook G4 15" 1GHz, but have a few
GNU/Linux related questions. So I would be happy If someone who has this
TiBook could give me some answeres ...
As far as I know
- Powermanagement does work with latest Benh Kernels (suspend)
- XFree86 work's but without 3D Accelration
- Sound works
Do this components work?
- PCMCIA Slot? (with pcmcia-cs? because of orinoco-cs monitor patch)
- Modem? (heard that there is an closed source driver)
How long can you work with your powerbook on battery power?
Yes, i know, this depends on what you do with the Powerbook, right.
But what are your experiences?
- on normal working (vi, ssh, email, web, irc, etc.)
- and on heavy cpu using (compiling, etc.)
This is my most important question because I have an Pismo and could
live with the slow cpu of the G3, but not with intel-like on-battery
And how often do you hear the fan? how hot will it get?
is there a problem like the "toasted ibooks in sleep-mode"? ;)