Re: powerbook 15" 1Ghz question ...

Model IV?  see http://spacepants.org/hw/tibook/

>As far as I know
>- Powermanagement does work with latest Benh Kernels (suspend)

yep

>- XFree86 work's but without 3D Accelration

yes, if you use Michel Daenzer's dri-trunk package, as explained on my page.

>- Sound works
>right?

yep.

>Do this components work?
>- PCMCIA Slot? (with pcmcia-cs? because of orinoco-cs monitor patch)
>- Modem? (heard that there is an closed source driver)

I haven't tried either of these yet.

>How long can you work with your powerbook on battery power?

Before I used Gnome 2, I was getting easily 4.5 hours (with the screen
brightness low and the cpu running in powersave mode).  Now I'm getting
about 3 hours... i think Gnome 2 is causing my disk to spin a bit more.

>And how often do you hear the fan? how hot will it get?

hot when i use it, it's cold after sleeping for a bit.

--
jaq@debian.org                               http://people.debian.org/~jaq