Re: New sleep code for ATI M6, M7 and M9

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 09:04, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:

> I still can't sleep when I'm in X (not even when switching to a
> console and then sleeping), the machine just turns itself off when resuming.
> "Still" because this is the same behaviour I had before.
>
> I'm using Daniel Stone's XFree86 4.3 packages, and xlibmesa4-drm-src
> compiled along with ben8 and the sleep patch.

xlibmesa4-drm-src is missing code to use the UniNorth agpgart, which
will cause pathetic 2D and 3D performance with DRI enabled if nothing
else. I just played a bit with the PowerBook with the M7 and it works
even without Option "DRIReinit" and without agpgart, but other changes
in drm-trunk-module-src and xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk may make a
difference.

> willow% cat /proc/cpuinfo
> cpu             : 7455, altivec supported
> clock           : 667MHz

BTW, I assume you know how to switch to the full clock?

> As an aside, the last two entries in lspci are
> 24:0e.0 Class ffff: Lucent Microelectronics FW323 (rev ff)
> 24:0f.0 Class ffff: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth GMAC (Sun GEM) (rev ff)
> which I believe are the airport and the onboard gigabit interface.

Is there a reason why you mention this? :)