Re: New sleep code for ATI M6, M7 and M9

This one time, at band camp, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>xlibmesa4-drm-src is missing code to use the UniNorth agpgart, which
>will cause pathetic 2D and 3D performance with DRI enabled if nothing
>else. I just played a bit with the PowerBook with the M7 and it works
>even without Option "DRIReinit" and without agpgart, but other changes
>in drm-trunk-module-src and xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk may make a
>difference.

Okay, I'll revert back to the official packages and your modules, then.

Further to my earlier mail, I got sleep working by adding DRIReinit to my
xserver config, it didn't seem to matter that UseFBDev was set (I hadn't had
it set initially, and you had mentioned to check this to someone else in
this thread).

However, I now have this strange behaviour whereby I can only sleep *once*
from within X... sleeping from the console I can close the lid and reopen it
multiple times, but if I sleep in X, then open it works once, then sleep and
open the machine doesn't come back up again.  I'll experiment a bit more and
see if I can come up with any more info.

>> cpu             : 7455, altivec supported
>> clock           : 667MHz
>
>BTW, I assume you know how to switch to the full clock?

Yep, using /proc/cpufreq.

>> As an aside, the last two entries in lspci are=20
>> 24:0e.0 Class ffff: Lucent Microelectronics FW323 (rev ff)
>> 24:0f.0 Class ffff: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth GMAC (Sun GEM) (rev ff)
>> which I believe are the airport and the onboard gigabit interface.
>
>Is there a reason why you mention this? :)

Mainly because the "Class ffff" is different to the rest of the lspci
listing, in that the other devices say what they are; it's not relevant here
though ;-)

--
jaq@debian.org                               http://people.debian.org/~jaq