Re: New sleep code for ATI M6, M7 and M9

This one time, at band camp, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>Please let me know how this works for you (mention your machine
>model and video chip type, that is the output of /proc/cpuinfo
>and lspci) along with your reports so I know what's up.

Great, my Tibook IV now doesn't have artifacts when sleeping in console
mode.

However, I still can't sleep when I'm in X (not even when switching to a
console and then sleeping), the machine just turns itself off when resuming.
"Still" because this is the same behaviour I had before.

I'm using Daniel Stone's XFree86 4.3 packages, and xlibmesa4-drm-src
compiled along with ben8 and the sleep patch.

willow% cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu             : 7455, altivec supported
clock           : 667MHz
revision        : 3.2 (pvr 8001 0302)
bogomips        : 665.19
machine         : PowerBook3,5
motherboard     : PowerBook3,5 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as     : 80 (PowerBook Titanium IV)
pmac flags      : 0000000b
L2 cache        : 256K unified
memory          : 512MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld
willow% lspci
00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R250 Lf [Radeon Mobility 9000 M9] (rev 01)

As an aside, the last two entries in lspci are
24:0e.0 Class ffff: Lucent Microelectronics FW323 (rev ff)
24:0f.0 Class ffff: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth GMAC (Sun GEM) (rev ff)
which I believe are the airport and the onboard gigabit interface.

--
jaq@debian.org                               http://people.debian.org/~jaq