Re: Debian on the new powerbook 12'1

On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 15:14, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 15:01, Alejandro Sánchez Acosta wrote:

> > > What kernel do you have ?
> > >
> > > ofpath relies on the kernel putting proper infos in /proc/ide,
> > > which has only been done recently (2.4.20-benX typically).
> > > Without this, it falls back to an algorithm that doesn't work
> > > well with newer machines.
> >
> > Now the trouble doesnt exist with that, now my trouble is when I try to
> > make ybin it tells me something about hfsutils and I can't compile that
> > with a base system.
> >
> > When I make ybin:
> >
> > hfsutils is not installed or can't be found
> > Try --mount if 2.4.20-ben5 supports HFS
> >
> > I try:
> >
> > ybin -M or --mount -b /dev/hdc9 (bootstrap partition)
> >
> > But I've the same answer.
>
> Did you try apt-get install'ing it ?

I'm still with the base system, I've installed all in /target/* and I
have made a chroot, then I've tried to install yaboot with ybin it tells
me that (I've installed the hfsutils).

ybin: /tmp/temporal_file read-only filesystem
ybin: error writting in /dev/hdc9

I can't install yaboot in the bootstrap partition because I think that I
haven't support with 2.4.20-ben5 to write a HFS partition. How can I
solve that?

Thanks in advance.
--
Alejandro Sanchez Acosta